New Developments in Nuclear Imaging
Nuclear Imaging Services is proud to offer quality refurbished Cardiac PET & PET/CT units. The systems selected by NIS for refurbishment are carefully chosen, fully refurbished, and tested to ensure you receive a high quality system.
Utilizing state of the art electronics upgrades and current releases of Cardiac PET perfusion software, NIS provides high quality refurbished PET and PET/CT units that are specifically configured to acquire and process Cardiac PET images. NIS offers affordable solutions for fixed sites or mobile.
PET has better spatial resolution than SPECT Theoretical tomographic in-plane spatial resolution of PET is 2 to 4 mm, as compared with 6 to 8 mm for TC-99m SPECT.
- Improved efficiency1
(complete study takes approximately 35 min vs. 3.5hrs)
- Improved resolution1
(imaging with 511 kev vs. 140 kev)
- Fewer attenuation artifacts1
- Greater sensitivity and specificity
(fewer false positives and false negative results)
- Increased detection of patients with triple vessel disease
- Shorter half life of isotope (75 seconds vs. 6 hrs)
- Lower radiation exposure1
(0.26 rem vs. 1.44 rem per Oak Ridge Institute for Science & Education)
- Stress method (pharmacologic vs. treadmill)
- Radiopharmaceutical availability
(generator comes with coach vs. delivery of unit doses)
- Now reimbursed for similar ICD-9 codes as general MPI studies with approximately double the reimbursement
(reimbursement varies depending on region: CPT codes used 78492, A9555 (x2/patient), 78499 or (78478 & 78480), 93015)
1. Bateman TM. PET Myocardial Perfusion Imaging: Making the Transition to a Clinical Routine. Appl Imaging: Applications Nucl Cardiol. 2002; 3(1):1-6
Dedicated BGO, LSO, and GSO PET scanners from GE, Siemens, and Philips for Oncology and Cardiology. Fixed site or Mobile.
Philips Gemini, Siemens Biograph, GE Discovery. Dual slice - 16 slice CT.